8/26/2014

Estoniandiary. Day1. The sweet beginning

I am finally here. I wanted to come here. I don't know why, but I felt that at some point of my life, I have to move to Estonia. Ideally with a purpose. After I found one, which also corresponds (actually a lot) with my academic interest, my move to Eesti was settled, and I just kept on waiting for my luggage to lend on the board of the bus for a trip to start. My girlfriend Roksana, accepted this #icemovechallenge with me.

The road was long. It took me a day. Day of sitting, waiting for arrival, staring in the window and thinking. Romantically thinking about nearest future, as well as realistically about some usual bureaucratic things everyone needs to settle whilst moving to a new place. Oh yes, and I still haven't agreed upon the flat where I suppose to stay. It turned to be kind difficult process, and even my optimistic approach towards everything was struck hard in the balls.

But getting back to being optimistic, I enjoyed seeing the same old views and streets again. But Tallinn changed since my last visit here. In my opinion, it became more fancier. And at the first glance, more scandinavically (there is such word right?) arrogantly beautiful. Oh yes, and lots of things are being repaired. Hope they will be ready until winter, so the transport will not be stuck and unreachable.

And the main factor to slightly influence daily life - weather. Summer is gone, winter is coming and it’s raining. Welcome to Estonia! Tere tulemast!

to be continued...

p.s. meanwhile I recommend to watch this video of Tallinn from the view of a bird drone (let’s not forget we are in e-country now).


No comments:

Post a Comment