1/21/2014

Revolution in Ukraine. Protester speaking about how was he beaten up

One of the victims of Ukraine police forces, speaking about how was he beaten up


His speech in English:

I am from Lviv. Lviv region. What happened to me, is that I came to protest manifestation, at Grushevsky street. I knew that people would need help there. There is a conflict, between people and police.

When there was a clash, a flashbang grenade was thrown and I lost conscience. Next thing I remember - I am being taken by "Berkut" (special police forces) through its corridors. Everybody is hitting me with sticks, legs hands. I was trying to cover myself, shouted "enough!". They offended me, called me with bad words, and kept beating.

Then they passed me to Internal Forces. And told that "This is the one, who throw Cocktails (Molotov) to you". However, i didn't do that. Internal forces were more human, then "Berkut", but there were also ones eager to hit me. Later, they made me take off my clothes, and then say "I love Berkut". And then naked, let me go back to barricades.

I want to say, that I am standing here, all beaten up, with broken hands, swelled face. But nevertheless I will not give up, and will keep on standing. And what is I recommend to others as well.

translated and written down by me

No comments:

Post a Comment